Once in awhile, this blog will feature guest writers to share their experience on the road less travelled. I hope to be able to feature a guest as often as I can. Also, as is evident, some of the posts featured here were originally published years ago. Previously emailed to homeschoolers who were HOMEFRONTIER subscribers, these are gems that have stood the test of time. Enjoy!
- Teaching kids how to make informed choices (May 9, 2012) After reading a book on EQ, a mother tries to teach her children how to think deliberately and act more thoughtfully.
- 15 Key Facts about Homeschooled Kids in College (September 17, 2011) A post from OnlineCollege.org submitted by Carol assures homeschoolers that college isn’t as big a hurdle as often imagined.
STEVEN DAVID HORWICH
- Don’ts in Teaching (January 2011) No one becomes an expert teacher overnight. Since you’re teaching your own children, here are some tips to help you become a great one.
- Throw out your perfect standards (Dec 2009) Is there a perfect time to start working for social change?Amy doesn’t think so and she tells us why it’s important to take action despite our fears and less-than-perfect preparation.
- Aesop’s Fables, Molecules and Physics (April 2012) Learning need not be a rigid compartmentalization of curricula. here’s how a lesson in reading can include explorations in science.
- What Were We Thinking (June 2009) Taking the first steps towards educating your children at home can be daunting. The writer shares how both he and his wife made a declaration of their convictions ahead of their journey to help them stay the course.
- Walking in the Light (May 2009) A meditation on light as a homeschooling family switches the power off to observe Earth Hour.
- Homeschool Liberties (September 2002) A homeschooling mom discovers new freedom to put away old formulas for new books to start her daughter reading again.
- Kids’ Stuff (July 2002) There’s so much to do and learn when you’re homeschooling! Kimberly shares what she and her preschoolers have been doing that makes for a full and wholesome life.
- A New Life (October 2002) What happens when a baby arrives in a homeschooling family? The author embraces the new adventure and shares the joy of investing ina newborn’s future
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families (September 2002) Celine discovers a book that promotes values for building and maintaining strong, healthy, long-lasting family ties.
- Coming full circle (June 2001) Choosing motherhood over career is never easy. Here’s how one mom decided to choose a calling with eternity in mind.
- Timely Tips for Homeschoolers (March 2001) So much to do and so little time! Like every homeschool mom who has ever felt some anxiety about educating a brood of children at home, Celine learnt to take small steps one at a time.
- It’s Challenging! (February 2001) Christmas teaches a mother how to empathise and encourage when it comes to disciplining her homeschoolers.
- What Really Counts Ultimately (July 2000) Writing as a Christian parent, Evelyn shares 5 things that parents should remember as they homeschool – Love, Discipline, Discipleship, Academics, Keeping Records